Monday, July 12, 2010

Are you sure....

I once met a girl through one of my best friends, it was his cousin and her name was Trisha, (not her real name). Trisha and I actually went out quite a few times. From my point of view, things were really falling into place. She was fun to talk to, an enjoyable companion in any situation, attractive, and very down to earth. I was really starting to fall for her. That's when things went weird.
We were out on a date and I decided that it was time to have "The Talk" and find out where this relationship is going. However, as soon as I started to tell her that I like her, and that I hoped we could take things to the next level, she replied by saying, "I think I am a lesbian."

Cue the awkward silence.

More awkward silence.

Just a few more moments of awkward silence.

It was about at this point that a new topic of conversation was started and we limped the dinner to an end and called it an evening.

We didn't talk much after that, but still stayed in contact every few weeks or so.

About six months later, she happened to be online and we started chatting to catch up and see what was new with each other. I finally got around to asking her how her decision to be a lesbian was working out.

She said, "I thought I was...but then I realized that I don't like girls."

Funny...I figured that would have been a pre-requisite to something like that.

2 comments: