Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's Been Too Long


It really has been too long since I have posted. A large part of that is because I really haven't been on any bad dates lately. I have been on several very good dates...but let's be honest...you didn't come here to read about those.

Being Single in Utah is NOT fun.

Several years ago, I found myself at a social gathering with a good mix of married and single folk alike. I don't remember the event exactly...but I do remember a conversation that happened there:

I was chatting with one of my married friends, catching up on old times as we hadn't seen each other since he had gotten married. In fact, this was the first time that I had been able to meet his wife.

After the basic introduction and chit-chat that comes with meeting someone, the conversation took the following turn:

Friend's Wife: Oh Zach! I am so glad to meet you...I have heard so much about you. I hear that you are still single and not dating anyone?

Me: Yes, that would be correct.

Her: Well don't you worry a bit about it! I truly know what it is like to have to suffer seeing all your friends get married and be happy and you sit and wonder, "Why not me?" In fact, I had to wait until I was 27 before I finally got married! Can you believe that? 27! Honestly...it was horrible. But your time will come. How old are you anyway?

Me: 32

Her: ...

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! But lets see, be married to someone clueless or being smartly single..... tough choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWWWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! OMH!! 27? Personally I KNOW there are more good BAD DATE stories than this. Dig deep!! If you need help i have been on hundreds of bad dates..

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side she assumed you were younger than that.

    ReplyDelete