Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mmm...drugs

Some time ago, I had the chance to take out a girl by the name of "Kate". "Kate" was a blind date that was set up over the course of several months. We had e-mailed for a time, and then finally, after both our schedules were finally able to match up, I had the chance to take her out on to an Indian dinner...(dot, not feather).

I knew from e-mail conversations that she was a very social and personable girl. I was looking forward to the evening, knowing that things were well lined up for a good time.

And I was not to be disappointed. She was pretty much everything I had expected, and I really had a good time. She was easy to talk to, had a great laugh and was just fun to be around.

Things were running smoothly when suddenly she got a text message alert. Being a HUGE fan of all things texting, I had no qualms with this. She said, "Oh, I have to check this. It might be my friend."

She then went on to explain, while she was answering the text, that her friend had been having some pains and they weren't quite sure what it was. Then, almost as an after thought, my date said, "I hope she has to have an appendectomy."

I did a double-take and asked her, "You WANT her to have an appendectomy? Why would you want to wish something like that on a friend?"

"Kate" went on to explain, "Well, if she has any type of surgery, then she can get some pain pills, and then she can share them with me!"

And then, with the pure passion of someone who REALLY enjoys something, her eyes rolled up, she clenched her fists in a grasp of excitement, and she said, "I LOVE pain pills."

I was then treated to a brief history of how whenever any of her friends have surgery or anything that involves medication, she is usually able to convince them to share some with her because, she "loves the haze they put [her] in". Sometimes they even give them to her as part of a birthday present.

I felt bad I didn't have any to share with her.

Kids - Don't do drugs.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...she sounds more like a Wendella Thudpucker to me. That's a druggie name, right? Also, I think the pain meds would give her a buzz more than a haze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always make me feel hazy. I personally don't like it! That is really sad. Especially since she talked about it so freely, she obviously didn't think it was a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You date some really odd girls, Zach. Just let it be said.

    ReplyDelete